Many consider having a swimming pool as the ultimate luxury and if you really want to be in with the trend, chemical free pools known as natural swimming pools are big news at the moment. There are even advice articles online on how to build your own affordable natural pool.
Pros And Cons Of Owning Your Own Pool
Well if you are considering having a pool installed, it really pays to think carefully about the pros and cons, and this takes time. By the time summer comes you will want the pool to be ready so you can really make the most of it through those warmed up months, unless of course you’ve decided on an all year round, indoor heated pool!
Pool projects often cost more than anticipated and can be a rather large investment that may not pay off so make sure you are all in agreement! It may be worth jotting down why everyone in the family would like a pool.
Things To Consider When Designing Your Own Swimming Pool
To start you off we’ve composed a small list of questions and advice that might help…
- What type of pool do you want? There are so many different designs out there it can be confusing, our advice is – keep it simple.
- Have you decided on the size and shape? The more creative you are, the more complex and costly it will be. A classic box shape and flat bottom pool is timeless and suited to most people’s tastes.
- Do you need planning permission? Outdoor pools do not generally require planning permission but do check because there are some cases in which they will. Whereas indoor pools are more likely to be subject to planning and building controls.
- Are you ready for the disruption? Building a pool is not a quick process, especially an inground one. You will have builders and large machinery obstructing your property for months. Do your homework on the company you choose, check your builder’s credentials. Shop around, ask for recommendations and compare quotes.
- What’s your budget? Set a budget and be realistic, remember pools may not always add value to your home. There are additional costs that come with having a pool, you also need to think about the aftercare costs involved in having a pool – maintenance, repairs, pumps, pool cleaners, filter systems, chemicals etc.
What if you want to do it on budget?
Plenty of people have loads of fun with standard temporary pools in the back garden that are a big step up from a paddling pool but fold down into their casing at the end of the summer. They aren’t cheap but they are a lot less expensive and disruptive than digging in a permanent pool. There is the problem of where to put the sizeable packed down unit at the end of the summer. They don’t fit in many sheds and don’t keep nice if you leave them out with a plastic sheet over them for 6 or 8 months of the year.
Wipe it down and dry it off and our storage units are the perfect place to keep your folded away pool in tip top condition until next summer’s fun.
Where To Store Pool Equipment
Even if you do go the whole hog on a permanent pool, one of the things you will need to consider is, where are you going to store all the necessary gear you need to have a pool? It may be of an advantage to have somewhere handy and clean to store all your pool equipment – the pool toys, cleaning kit, even the garden furniture, that perhaps you don’t want to leave out through the winter months. After all, owning a huge inflatable whale or pink flamingo lilo is a must when you have your own pool!
Our super-duper clean and secure units are designed specifically for storage and will be able to accommodate all necessary equipment. We have a range of different size units to suit your needs and you can choose a hire term that fits around you and your pool and still save up to 25% on the monthly standard rate. Give our friendly storage team a call on 0118 932 8328 or pop in and see us and let us help make this part of your decision easy.
What our customers are saying
We have used your services previously & as ever, the service from staff & the secured storage that you provide has been nothing but absolutely outstanding. Each & every staff member to answer the phone has been just joyous to deal with. We shall highly recommend your staff & services with 5*+ rating
I have been a customer of Eversley Storage for some 20 years. They offer secure, reasonably priced facilities accompanied by excellent service from friendly and helpful staff. I have no hesitation in recommending them.
Fantastic service and facilities, highly recommended!
To all the staff at Eversley Storage, thank you for looking after me so well this year and keeping whats valuable to me safe. You have given me great peace of mind. Thank you.
I have used the site for a number of years, both for business and personal use and have always been happy. The staff are unfailingly friendly and helpful.