Post : Residential Security Officer
(Would suit either a single person or a two-person team.)
Role : Security/caretaker role with accommodation provided
Reports to : Storage Manager
Hours : Whilst the premises are closed until the premises re-open, a member of the security team must be on-site. The residential security officer/s may sleep at night, but are on call. It will be possible for them to have work elsewhere, which fits around these responsibilities.
See PDF download with the Schedule of Hours on page 4 for full details.
Salary : Rent free accommodation in a well-appointed, spacious, two bedroomed flat on the premises. Carpeted throughout. Fully fitted kitchen and bathroom, centrally heated, fitted wardrobes.
(Paid services. See PDF download with Service Arrangements on page 5 for full details.)
£400 gross, per calendar month – subject to PAYE
(Please note that if a two-person team is appointed, the salary will be split equally between you i.e. you will receive £200 gross per calendar month, subject to PAYE)
Location : Our headquarters at Eversley, Hampshire. See location page for full details.
We hope you will be interested in joining our family business in this role to help us keep our premises safe and secure.
Our company, Greenfords Ltd, is a long standing business with a real focus on customer service. We are based at our offices in Eversley, Hampshire. The company has two principal activities:
- Eversley Storage provides self storage facilities and warehousing
- Greenford Park Homes develops and manages quality park home estates
- To work for the Storage Manager on-site, providing out of hours security presence at the premises
- To look after the Company guard dog – this will involve continued training, enrichment, physical care, forming a bond with him, appropriate to the handler of a working dog
- To react in an emergency and notify emergency services and others
- To prevent loss and harm and deter crime
- To open and close the premises at the start and end of the working day and carry out such other duties as will reasonably assist the operation of the storage facility and promote the interests of the business
- To attend monthly team meetings with the Storage Manager
- Reliable, punctual and steady
- Honest and trustworthy
- Physically fit to a reasonable standard and able to maintain an appropriate level of physical fitness to carry out all aspects of the role
- Comfortable working with a large dog and will enjoy forming a bond with him
- Able to inspire confidence and trust in customers and staff
- Able to communicate with the general public
- Able to communicate and work well with the staff team and clearly report incidents
- Have a common sense understanding of health and safety issues
- Able to monitor the CCTV, operate the fire alarm, security alarm and any other security equipment
- Preserve and uphold the principle of confidentiality at all times
- Preserve and uphold the best interests of the company at all times
We hope you are interested in working with us in this important role.
To read the full details click here to download the full role guide. This includes information about working hours, services included and a sample schedule for evenings off.
To apply, please send your CV to us.
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Via post: FAO Shirley Cole, Eversley Storage, Brickhouse Hill, Fleet Road (A327), Eversley, Hampshire, RG27 0PY (tel: 0118 932 8328)